Buffalo Chicken Dip
PREP TIME: 10-40 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 20-50 minutes
Recipe adapted from https://cafedelites.com/buffalo-chicken-dip/#recipe.
Original publication date December 15, 2022
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 cups cooked chicken shredded
1/2 cup hot sauce (we like Frank’s Red Hot Sauce)
8 oz block cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup white Cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup American cheddar, shredded
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
2 teaspoons green onions, chopped
Celery sticks, carrot sticks, tortilla chips, crusty bread pieces, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Arrange oven rack to the middle of your oven.
- In an 8-inch cast-iron skillet (or an oven safe pan), melt the butter over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and hot sauce and simmer until sauce has thickened and reduced by half (about 2 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cream cheese; mix until combined. Take off heat, stir in sour cream and top with both shredded cheddar cheeses on top.
- Bake until bubbling around the edges and the cheese has melted (about 10 minutes). Broil for 1 minute to brown on top.
- Garnish with blue cheese and green onions (optional).
- Serve with veggie sticks, tortilla chips, or crusty bread pieces.