PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information We Collect when you Visit Our Website and Make a Donation
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a donation or attempt to make a donation through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Donation Information.”
Information We Collect when You Participate in the G.A.P. Certification Program
Application Information: When you submit a G.A.P. Certification Program Application, you provide us with the following categories of information: your business contact information (business name and point of contact, mailing address, phone number, email), information about your operation (current and past G.A.P. certificates, operation location(s) and size, transportation, and other logistics), and information about your animals (type, number, health, care and management, feed, housing) and slaughterhouse information (if applicable).
Information we receive from other G.A.P. Certification Program participants: G.A.P. Certification Program participants who are in the same supply network as you may provide us with your business contact information, including business name, address, and phone number, in connection with G.A.P. Certification Program requirements, which gives us information on your production supply chain. For more information see G.A.P.’s Policy Manual available at www.globalanimalpartnership.org on the standards pages.
Information we receive from certifiers and auditors: When you participate in the G.A.P. Certification Program, we collect information about your audit and your certification from our third-party auditors and certifiers. We collect the following information: your G.A.P. certificate and audit report, animal assessment information, label claim approvals (where applicable), location and chain-of-custody information, and contact information.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Order Information: We use the Order Information that we collect generally to process any donations placed through the Site (including processing your payment information and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our donations for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
Device Information: We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns). We may also use the Device Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you.
G.A.P. Certification Program Information: We use the information that we collect as part of the G.A.P. certification Program to:
- Create your online account and process your application, and in connection with the audit and certification process;
- Provide feedback to you about the G.A.P. Certification Program generally as well as your specific operation. We use anonymized, aggregated data for benchmarking and to provide feedback to G.A.P. Certification Program participants;
- For internal purposes related to the G.A.P. Certification Program, including analyzing and improving our program; and
- Communicate with you about the G.A.P. Certification Program.
We may display your business name and logo or trademark on our website. You can opt-out of displaying this information on our website by selecting the appropriate Opt-Out option in your Application or by emailing G.A.P. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Website and Donation-Related Personal Information: We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
G.A.P. Certification Program Information: We use third parties to facilitate the operation of certain parts of G.A.P. Certification Program. We share your Personal Information with these third parties, including:
- Data hosting and storage. For example, we use a third party to host our website servers.
- Operation of our online certification program participant portal. After your initial application to the G.A.P. Certification Program, which you complete through our website, the G.A.P. Certification Program is administered through a third-party web platform. We share the information that you provide us in your application with the third party who administers your G.A.P. online account portal to facilitate program onboarding and participation.
- Auditing and certification. A.P. uses third-party auditors and certifiers. We share the information that you provide us in your application with our third-party auditors and certifiers in connection with the certification process.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Global Animal Partnership
7421 Burnet Road, #237
Austin, TX, 78757