Global Animal Partnership (GAP) is a non-profit charitable organization founded in 2008. GAP brings together farmers, scientists, ranchers, retailers and animal advocates – a diverse group with the common goal of improving the welfare of animals in agriculture. The 5-Step® Animal Welfare program is a multi-step farm animal welfare certification and labeling system that recognizes producers for their practices that support animal welfare, facilitates continuous improvement, and better informs consumers about the production systems they choose to support. As of May 1, 2017, 3200+ farms and ranches are certified to GAP’s standards that range from Step 1 to Step 5+, impacting over 290 million animals annually.
Position: Corporate Outreach and Brand Specialist
Type: Full time position
Start Date: July 2017
Location: Preference is for the position to be located in Austin, TX but consideration will be given to an alternative location.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Business Development Manager the core responsibilities of this position will include:
- Networking, relationship management, and outreach of GAP’s labeling program to grocers, food service, and meat suppliers;
- Building program participation with set targets and outcomes;
- Accurately communicating information about our Program and services;
- Identifying opportunities in the marketplace;
- Representing GAP at conferences and trade shows, and giving presentations to small or large groups;
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information tactfully and with integrity;
- Collaborating on marketing materials, campaigns, and branding;
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on;
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident
- 3-5 years of business experience working with retailers, food service and/or the meat industry
- Able to network and build relationships with prospective and existing business partners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle a wide range of competing demands and delivering to deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self starter with ability to also work in a team environment
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong Computer skills, including the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Great personality – able to have fun and create a positive work environment!
Please apply with a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be received by June 9, 2017.